Top Rated Oxycodone Rehab Center in Fort Lauderdale
The Source Treatment Center in Fort Lauderdale has made a name for itself for providing unparalleled support and care for those struggling with addiction. Their compassionate and knowledgeable staff will make you feel right at home in their beautiful facility.
About Oxycodone Addiction
Oxycodone is a powerful, highly addictive opioid painkiller usually prescribed to be taken for the least possible amount of time. Addiction to oxycodone can develop quickly and its effects can be fatal if more than prescribed is taken. According to the US Department of Justice, roughly 13 million Americans abuse Oxycodone, including children as young as 12 years old. Oxycodone causes a euphoric effect which is a huge appeal for those who may be suffering from chronic pain, and because it can be legally prescribed by a doctor, it may be difficult to tell if someone is struggling with addiction. Signs of oxycodone abuse include:
- Inability to focus
- Dilated pupils, blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Slowed breathing
- Mood swings
- Excessive sweating
Withdrawing from Oxycodone can be painful and serious side effects can occur so it is advised that you inform your doctor so they can help you taper off the medication as safely as possible. Before starting oxycodone addiction treatment, attending a detox program is the best and safest way to stop use. Here you will be monitored by licensed clinicians who will have a comprehensive plan to discontinue the drug and they can provide comfort measures should you need them . Once you complete your detox, generally addiction treatment is the next step.
Trauma Therapies Used in Oxycodone Rehab
The Source believes that everyone suffering from an addiction has experienced some form of trauma in their lifetime, so treatment has a heavy focus on identifying, processing, and healing from this. In addition to more traditional therapies, the three main trauma therapies utilized at The Source as EMDR, TIR, and RRT. All three of these therapies have been proven to quickly and effectively relieve symptoms associated with trauma.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)–Guided by an experienced therapist, you will recall details surrounding the traumatic event, while simultaneously directing you through eye movements. Due to eyesight being diverted, overtime these memories will no longer elicit a physical response and will become increasingly less painful.
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)–This person centered method of therapy focuses on equipping the client with tools they need to move past traumatic events and learn to cope with them in a healthy way.
- Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT)–Under supervision of a licensed therapist, you will identify triggers to traumatic events and replace them with positive thoughts and behaviors.
MAT for Oxycodone Addiction
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) uses medications to help alleviate discomfort associated with withdrawing from opioids as well as counseling and behavioral therapies to treat the “whole you”. Examples of medications that may be used during MAT include:
- Naltrexone–This stops the sedative and euphoric effects.
- Methadone–Curbs cravings and blocks the effects of opioids.
- Buprenophine–Reduces cravings.
Why Choose The Source for Oxycodone Rehab in Fort Lauderdale
The Source has made a name for itself in the addiction treatment world for providing unmatched compassion and care to everyone who walks through their doors. Their team truly cares about your recovery and will work tirelessly with you to help you heal from trauma and resume a happier, healthier life. They are certified by the Joint Commission and the Florida Association of Recovery Residences for adhering to a strict code of ethics and providing excellent care. If you would like more information on how The Source can help you achieve recovery please call their treatment specialist on their confidential hotline at (800) 204-0418 or chat with them online at www.thesourcetreatmentcenter.com.