It’s no secret that COVID-19 has spiraled out of control across the entire United States. For those suffering from addiction to drugs or alcohol, and the mental illness that often accompanies addiction, the isolation can be maddening and incredibly dangerous.
Here, at The Source Addiction Treatment Center, our number one goal is to keep our clients and employees safe. Therefore, we have implemented an ongoing COVID-19 awareness and prevention program that covers all of our facilities and residences. These precautions include all of the following:
- Daily sanitization of all premises including offices, therapy rooms, common areas and residences with EPA approved disinfectants.
- Temperature checks of anyone entering any of our buildings.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the main facility.
- While participating in any programs or events at The Source Addiction Treatment Center “social distancing” as defined by the CDC is mandatory.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times to reduce the spread of infection.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone should adhere to the following suggestions at all times:
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
- CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, The Source has implemented the above mentioned preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, The Source cannot guarantee that its participants, clients, employees, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.