Overcoming Drug Addiction in Miami
Drug addiction is a crippling disease that affects so much more than our minds and bodies. Relationships, jobs, and even our homes can suffer, however, there is hope! You deserve to have a life you love and overcoming your addiction will surely put you on the right path.
The First Steps in Getting Help for Drug Addiction
Deciding whether to get help for drug addiction can be intimidating and confusing. To help you make the best, most informed decision, consider these points:
- What are the pros/cons of attending addiction treatment?
- Is there anything or anyone in your life that would inhibit you from making the changes you wish to see in your life?
- How has your addiction impacted your life and the lives of those you love?
- What kind of future do you want for yourself?
- Are you ready to commit to addiction treatment?
Reaching Out for Help with Drug Addiction in Miami
If you are considering getting help for addiction, rest assured you are not alone. According to the American Addiction Centers, nearly 20 million Americans struggle with addiction annually. Fortunately, there are now more treatment options available than ever before. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration has developed a hotline to assist people in finding treatment, resources, or answering questions they may have regarding all things addiction. This confidential hotline is available 24/7 and can be reached at 1-800-662-HELP or you can visit them online at https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/.
Drug Addiction Treatment Options
An important step in finding treatment is determining what level of care best suits your needs. Each drug addiction treatment will vary slightly, however, this is what you can expect at each level of care:
- Medical Detox– Detox is the recommended first step of treatment, regardless of which level of care you choose. Withdrawal symptoms can be severe and even life-threatening, so completing detox under the supervision of medical professionals makes the process easier to manage because they can monitor you and provide medications to decrease the severity of your symptoms. Once the drugs or alcohol have been detoxed from your body, you will be in a better headspace to tackle the mental and physical aspects of addiction treatment.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)– In a partial program, clients receive 6-8 hours of treatment a day then return home in the evening. Through group and individual therapies, you will work on identifying the root causes of addiction, process trauma, and learn healthier ways to cope with stress. These types of programs are ideal for people who have stable home environments to return to each night, or for those who have already completed a higher level of care and wish to continue treatment while they adjust to life at home.
- Outpatient Programs– Similar to PHP, clients live at home while receiving treatment, however, these programs typically require less of a time commitment than PHP. You will still receive the same therapies as PHP, but you have more freedom in your schedule to get back to what’s important to you.
- Sober living homes– In the event that you do not have a safe place to return home to after treatment, you can elect to stay in a sober living home. Here you will live with others in recovery in a safe home without drugs or alcohol. This can be very helpful after a residential program, or if you are not ready to return home.
What to Look for in Drug Addiction Treatment Center
With all the treatment options available, how do you know which center is right for you? Here are some things to consider before choosing a treatment center:
- Read the reviews for the facility you’re interested in, and if possible, speak to people who have gone there.
- Understand what your financial obligations will be by talking with your insurance. If you do not have insurance, the facility you’re looking at should have people that can help you with this.
- What kind of programs does the center offer? Do they have a variety of therapies to help you heal?
The Source Can Help You Overcome Drug Addiction
The Source has helped thousands of people overcome their addiction and learn to live a life free from the restraints of drugs and alcohol. Their compassionate and understanding staff will make you feel right at home while you embark on a journey to sobriety. They offer several levels of care and comprehensive treatment plans that are tailored to your needs. For more information on how The Source can help you or a loved one, please call (800)204-0418 or visit them online at www.thesourceaddictiontreatmentcenter.com.