What is Residential Addiction Treatment?
Residential addiction treatment provides life-changing addiction rehab for individuals struggling with active addiction. When receiving addiction treatment at a residential center, clients stay at the center for the duration of their treatment, where experienced and compassionate addiction specialists will help you navigate the road to recovery. Through emotional and behavioral therapies, you will identify and process the root causes of your addiction, work through past trauma, and learn effective coping skills. Family therapy is also available to help you restore damaged relationships with loved ones. Group therapies will provide relapse prevention education and opportunities to share struggles and successes with your peers.
Benefits of Residential Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Residential Alcohol and drug rehabs are extremely beneficial in helping people achieve and maintain recovery, however, the benefits don’t stop there. Other benefits of residential rehabs include:
- It gives you time away from stressors at home to focus completely on yourself. Life at home can be chaotic sometimes and for many people, it can be what contributes to your substance use, so having time away from that will likely make focusing on treatment easier.
- It provides a safe place to detox, where you can be monitored by medical professionals who can provide comfort measures if you experience severe withdrawal symptoms.
- During group and individual therapies, you can address mental health conditions that may also contribute to addiction.
- You will meet peers that can turn into lifelong friends.
Inpatient Medical Detox
Prior to beginning a treatment program, it is important to rid the body of the drugs or alcohol so you have a clean slate to focus on treatment. Due to potentially severe withdrawal symptoms, you may experience, it is typically recommended that you detox in an inpatient medical detox center so doctors and nurses can monitor you and keep you safe. Medications can be provided to promote comfort if you need them. Studies have shown that detoxing in a medical facility greatly improves the chances of completing treatment successfully.
How Long Does Residential Treatment Last?
Each residential program is different, and your length of stay will be dependent on your individual needs and treatment plan, however, programs can typically range from 3-6 months.
What to Look for in Residential Addiction Treatment Centers?
With all the residential addiction treatment centers available, how can you tell which centers provide quality care? Consider these before choosing a residential center:
- Does it have good reviews online? Read reviews from multiple sources so you can get a clear picture of others’ experiences.
- Is it backed by reputable associations such as The Joint Commission or Better Business Bureau?
- Do they include you and your loved ones in the planning of your treatment? You should be an active participant in establishing your treatment goals, and family involvement in this can be very helpful.
- Do they work with you and your insurance company to identify what your financial responsibility will be?
- Do they provide a variety of therapies?
- Is their center clean and one you would feel safe staying at for a few months?
- Are their employees trained in trauma-informed care?
- Is the center you are considering is offering any kind of financial incentive to attend their facility? This is a huge red flag! No legitimate residential center will pay you to attend treatment with them and this is often an indicator that they are up to no good.
Why The Source is the Best Residential Addiction Treatment Center for West Palm Beach Residents
The Source is the best residential center because they check all those qualities off the list and more. They are backed by The Joint Commission, Florida Department of Children’s & Families, and Psychology Today for adhering to a strict code of ethics and providing high-quality care. Many of the employees are also in recovery, so they understand the complex emotions you are experiencing and welcome you like family. Through group and individual therapies, they will guide you through immense personal growth, and help you learn to live life in recovery. The luxurious housing is icing on the cake. Come see why The Source has made a name for itself as a premier residential addiction treatment center! For more information, call (800)204-0418 or visit online at www.thesourceaddictiontreatmentcenter.com.